CPE Course Surgent's General Ethics for Tax Practitioners Download
Field of Interest
CPAs who want to satisfy the general professional ethics requirement in all states except those that require a state-specific ethics course (AK, AR, AZ, CA, CO, DE, FL, ID, LA, MI, MS, NJ, NY, OH, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WY)
- Identify the Office of Professional Responsibility
- Distinguish between ethical responsibilities owed to the Service and the client
- State the limitations on contingent fee arrangements
- Discuss the areas of conflict of interest and solicitation that attend practice before the Service
- Appreciate the possible sources of, and sanctions for, unethical conduct with the IRS
- Recognize the public disclosure of unethical conduct by a tax practitioner before the IRS
- Who is a tax practitioner?
- What responsibilities does the Office of Professional Responsibility regulate?
- What limitations does the IRS place on fee arrangements?
- What duties does the practitioner have with respect to client records?
- What limitations apply with respect to a written tax opinion?
- What sanctions may be applied for violations of Service imposed standards of conduct?
Surgent McCoy CPE, LLC