CPE Course Valuing a Business What is This Company Worth?
May 17, 2021
12:45pm — 4:30pm
Field of Interest Specialized Industry, Finance
Corporate financial managers, business owners, entrepreneurs and professionals who advise them. CPAs with the ABV certification.
What is your company worth? Is business value the single most important metric? This session discusses various business valuation methods for any stage company: start-up, spin-off, or acquisition. Many valuation methods exist. Which method is right? Which is the ‘best’ for a given business or a given situation? CPAs and Corporate Financial Managers cannot afford to miss this course.
• Reasons for business valuations
• The capital asset pricing model
• The cost of equity
• The weighted average cost of capital
• Discounted Cash Flow analysis
• Valuation methods discussed include:
- The issues and the pros and cons of these methods
• How do you increase the value of a business?
Cases and Group Discussion:
This seminar includes seven interactive case studies for group discussion.
Participants should have at least six months of industry or public experience and a thorough knowledge of financial accounting principles and practices. Management experience will be helpful.
The Knowledge Institute