CPE Course Tax Practitioner's Guide for Accouting and Reporting Issues
December 4, 2018
8:30am — 4:15pm
Curriculum Accounting & Audit
Field of Interest Accounting (General), Accounting and Auditing, Auditing
Tax practitioners who are associated with preparation, compiled, or reviewed U.S. GAAP and/or tax basis financial statements.
The course approaches financial statement preparation and review from the perspective of a tax practitioner. Often tax motivated clients have different needs with regard to financial statements.
Topics in the program are:
• Be able to compare and contrast tax returns and tax basis financial statements
• Know U.S. GAAP versus tax differences and disclosure requirements
• Tax and other special purpose financial statement frameworks
• Reporting requirements for SSARS engagements
• Recent changes to GAAP that affect closely held businesses
• Frequently encountered reporting and performance issues by tax practitioners
• Identify differences between U.S. GAAP requirements and the tax return
• Recognize problems in performance and documenting of preparations, compilations, and reviews
• Apply accounting standard and appropriate disclosure
• Reporting issues for tax practitioners issuing compilation and review reports
• Book vs. tax differences
• Important financial statement presentation issues for tax and other special purpose frameworks
• Disclosure requirements for tax and other special purpose frameworks
• Non-disclosure financial statements
• Overview of recent relevant accounting standards updates
Loscalzo Associates, Ltd.