CPE Course Shorten Month-End: Closing Best Practices
May 26, 2021
12:45pm — 4:30pm
Surveys show that the average North American company completes its monthly financial statement closing in six days. However, some companies can close their books in one day or less. You don’t have to sacrifice accuracy for speed. This session will show you how to close month-end faster, better and cheaper.
Topics Discussed Include:
- Trends in financial statement closings including the Quick Close, Soft Close and Virtual Close
- Review and discuss information systems’ headaches that slow you down
- Work through examples of close cycle “time killers” and how to resolve them
- Get inventory and cost of sales under control
- Identify the improvement projects that will yield the biggest benefit
- Review what leading edge finance managers are doing to close more quickly
Cases and Group Discussion
This seminar will use hands-on exercises and provide opportunities for group discussion of the issues relating to performing a quick financial statement closing.
Participants should have at least six months of industry or public experience and a thorough knowledge of financial accounting principles and practices. Management experience will be helpful.
Executive Education, Inc.