CPE Course Compliance Auditing from Start to Finish
May 22, 2019
8:30am — 4:15pm
Curriculum Accounting & Audit, Yellow Book
Field of Interest Auditing, Government (General)
Audit practitioners working on nonprofit and/or public sector clients who need audits performed in accordance with the Yellow Book and the Uniform Guidance. Also for accountants in nonprofit or government organizations that need a compliance audit. This course does not specifically address HUD or student financial aid issues.
Participants will be able to:
• Identify and implement changes made to professional standards
• Understand the recent changes to Government Auditing Standards
• Identify and implement the changes brought about by the Uniform Guidance
• Plan, perform, and properly document work performed
• Identify the appropriate findings to report
• Identify the appropriate compliance opinion to use
• Write appropriately worded findings and draft applicable reports using the appropriate report forms
Participants will walk through a single audit from start to finish. Emphasis will be on recent changes to compliance auditing, frequently missed areas as identified by federal agencies, pass-through entities, and peer reviewers and the new version of the Yellow Book. At the conclusion of this session, participants should feel more comfortable with their level of documentation skills and more confident that their work will stand up to peer review or review by governmental agencies.
Loscalzo Associates, Ltd.