- Understand the major current planning issues for businesses
- Understand how tax reform affects planning for pass-throughs
- Understand what pass-throughs can do in light of tax law changes
If you are a practitioner who wants the latest information on tax changes affecting your business clients or employers, then you should take this enlightening course. You will learn invaluable knowledge, strategies, techniques, innovative tax-planning concepts, income-generating ideas, and other planning opportunities available to S corporations, partnerships, LLCs, and LLPs. Continually updated for items regarding tax reform.
- The SECURE Act, including IRA and RMD changes
- Impact of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act on S corporations and partnership entities including coverage of Section 199A
- Partnership Audits
- Impact of the net investment income tax on the owners of pass-through entities
- Sections 163(j) and 461
- Choice of entity issues: is the C corporation more of a viable choice after tax reform? Will it become pre-ferred?
- A review of the key cases, rulings, and tax law changes affecting S corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, and limited liability partnerships
- Any late-breaking tax legislation
With twenty years of accounting experience, Sali Sheafor works with clients all over the United States. She is currently licensed in Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Florida. Armed with an education from the University of Wisconsin system, she earned her certification and went on to create her own public accounting firm, TAP Consulting, LLC. She has enjoyed the opportunity to teach accounting to students in her area as well. While accounting and taxes are her first hobbies and she relishes the challenges of the ever-changing accounting world, she also enjoys snowmobiling, gardening, biking, and community service.close
Experience with pass-through entity clients
Surgent McCoy CPE, LLC