CPE Course Breaking Down the New Auditor's Report for ERISA Plans
When you complete this course you will be able to:
- Identify the concepts contained in recently released standards that havechanged the auditor's reporting process.
- Recall the scope, objectives, and auditor's requirements of AU-C section703, Forming an Opinion and Reporting on Financial Statements ofEmployee Benefit Plans Subject to ERISA, with respect to non-Section103(a)(3)(C) plan audits.
- Identify the requirements for forming an opinion on the ERISA planfinancial statements and the form and content of the auditors' report.
- Recall the audit considerations relating to the auditor's responsibilities foran entity's Form 5500 filing.
- Identify the special considerations regarding the scope, objectives andauditor's requirements with respect to an ERISA Section 103(a)(3)(C)audit, including forming an opinion and the form and content of the ERISASection 103(a)(3)(C) auditor's report.
- Recent reporting standards issued
- The overall requirements for AU-C section 703
- Forming and opinion on the ERISA plan financial statements
- Considerations relating to Form 5500 filings
- Auditors reports
- Special considerations when performing an ERISA Section 103(1)(3)(C)audit