CPE Course International Tax Lunch: Dual Status Returns: What They Are, How They Work, How to Prepare Them
October 20, 2017
3:00 PM — 4:00 PM
Field of Interest
CPAs and attorneys.
1.00 creditsView Cart
- Determine the alternate start or end date of a taxpayer's US residence in a dual-status tax year.
- Recognize the different methods of reporting income under the resident and nonresident periods.
- Recognize what exemptions, deductions and credits apply to each portion of the tax year.
- Apply the foreign earned income correctly for a dual-status tax year.
- Calculate income and tax on a dual-status tax return.
- Dual-status tax year
- Alternate US residence start date and end date
- Green card test
- Substantial presence test
- Foreign earned income exclusion
- Nonresident income reporting
California Society of CPAs