CPE Course Selling a Principal Residence
October 30, 2017
12:30PM — 1:30 PM
Field of Interest
CPAs, lawyers and other advisers who offer tax and personal financial advice to individuals.
1.00 creditsView Cart
- Consider the law which determines the calculation of the recognized gain or loss.
- Explain the requirements that must be satisfied to be eligible for the exclusion.
- Identify the significance of special facts related to ownership and use of the residence.
- Determine the amount of the exclusion.
- Evaluate the tax considerations related to the sale of a personal residence at a loss.
- Identify and evaluate tax planning strategies.
- Determination of the gain from the sale of a principal residence
- Explanation of the requirement that must be satisfied to be eligible for the exclusion including consideration of special ownership and use situations
- Calculation of the amount of the exclusion
- Tax considerations if the personal residence is sold at a loss
- Tax planning ideas and strategies
Understanding of the federal income tax law as applied to individuals.
California Society of CPAs