CPE Course Unrelated Business Income Tax Fundamentals
October 23, 2017
2:00 PM — 5:00 PM
Field of Interest
CPAs who work with exempt organizations and professionals working for exempt organizations who are responsible for filing Form 990 or are responsible for advising on new revenue generating endeavors.
3.00 creditsView Cart
- Identify the history and applications of the unrelated business income tax (UBIT).
- Recognize the definition of unrelated business income and it's implications for both an organization's operating trades and businesses and investment activities.
- Determine exclusions, modifications and exception to unrelated business income.
- Identify debt financed income.
- Recognize the rules for deducting expenses in determining unrelated business taxable income, filing requirements and the implications of earning unrelated business income beyond potentially paying tax.
- Identify special rules for particular activities.
- Identify federal and state filing issues.
- Definition of unrelated business
- Unrelated business income tax: origins, exclusions, modifications and exceptions
- Special rules
- Debt financed income issues
- Filing requirements
- State UBIT filings and other federal filings relating to foreign investments
Experience preparing Form 990 and/or Form 990-PF.
California Society of CPAs