CPE Course Cheap Stock Guide: Valuing Stock-Based Compensation for Privately Held Companies
December 13, 2017
11:30AM — 3:00 PM
Curriculum Accounting & Audit
Field of Interest
CPAs and finance professionals handling valuation processes and analysis. Individuals interested in advising clients in private companies on valuing equity and equity like instruments based on the enterprise value of the private company.
4.00 creditsView Cart
- Identify key concepts of fair value of equity securities.
- Determine factors to be considered when performing a valuation.
- Recognize differences and approaches best suited for the valuation of equity securities in simple and complex capital structures.
- Determine how to exercise caution surrounding the reliability of valuations.
- Identify key control and marketability issues.
- Discuss transactions that can be linked to private company equity.
- AICPA Accounting and Valuation Guide updates
- Fair value of equity securities
- Valuation factors
- Valuation impacts of planned IPOs
- Reliability of valuations
General knowledge of stock transactions creating transfers of value as compensation for services. General knowledge of rights contained within financial instruments.
California Society of CPAs