CPE Course Small-Business Financial Statements
February 15, 2018
11:30AM — 3:00 PM
Curriculum Accounting & Audit
Field of Interest
Accountants who prepare financial statements or perform compilations, reviews or audits for small- and medium-sized businesses; tax accountants who need to understand financial statements in connection with performing tax services.
4.00 creditsView Cart
- Identify special purpose and GAAP frameworks.
- Determine primary differences between the frameworks.
- Recognize situations in which use of each framework might be useful.
- Identify the risks to a company and its independent accountants associated with each framework.
- Recognize ways that framework selection impacts financial statements, including disclosures, and impacts compilations and reviews.
- Special purpose frameworks vs. GAAP
- AICPA's Financial Reporting Framework for Small- and Medium-Sized Entities (FRF for SMEs)
- Cash and tax bases of accounting
- Other comprehensive basis of accounting (OCBOA)
- Revenue recognition
- Accounting methods
- Financial statements
- Compilation, review and audit reports
California Society of CPAs