Job Listing Posted on November 29, 2017 Director of Accounting - Job #29659
Established manufacturing company is in search of an experienced Director of Accounting to join their team. The Director of Accounting is responsible for working collaboratively with other senior level finance professionals in order to oversee all of the accounting functions for the company. This role would oversee the work of several other individuals in the accounting department, including the director oversite of the daily accounting functions, treasury, payroll, taxes, analysis, reporting, credit, collections and more.
Responsibilities of the Director of Accounting Include:
• Work collaboratively with CFO in order to develop financial strategies.
• Management of AR, AP, Fixed Assets and Payroll.
• Management of the month end close process.
• Train, mentor and develop other members within the finance and accounting team.
• Creation of policies and procedures
• Assist the FP&A Manager in tasks such as external audits, tax return preparation and payroll tax reporting.
• Manage the day-today accounting for other international company locations.
• Complete a variety of ad-hoc reporting and analysis projects as needed.
Requirements and Qualifications of the Director Accounting:
• 10+ years of experience at the Director/Controller level within a mid-sized manufacturing company.
• Experience using ERP systems in a manufacturing setting.
• Experience using MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
• Ability to work hands on with a team.
• Excellent communication and leadership skills.
• Ability to manage multiple responsibilities.
• Experience with managing transactional accounting.
• Strong understanding of accounting principles.
• Ability to strategically develop and implement new policies and procedures.
• Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance Required.
• CPA certification preferred.
This is a permanent opportunity that comes complete with a competitive salary and benefits package. In order to be considered for his opportunity, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, call 603-766-4909 or apply online at www.staffhunters-portsmouth.net.